For information on Jan’s workshops throughout 2019 please contact The Art Shop Mona Vale 02 99796559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Artists’ Trail 8-10 June 2019
The exhibition featuring 21 artists will be held at the Newport Community Centre, 11-13 The Boulevard, Newport.
Jan received a Commendable award at the Ewart Prize for paintings.
Below: with exhibition judge, Stephen Hall, Australian Contemporary Artist and with the award winning work.
Finalist in the CFA Artist of the year award with “End of The Beginning”, below.
Now also a featured artist on the CFA International website
New solo exhibition in December – NOMADIC.
The exhibition has been appropriately named NOMADIC, as it draws inspiration from Jan’s home in Pittwater to her experiences in Hill End, Lord Howe Island, Morocco, Portugal and Spain. NOMADIC runs from 5 – 23 December and is being held at the wonderful Incinerator Art Space, 2 Small St Willoughby. It will be open from 10am – 4pm Wednesday to Sunday. The exhibition is being officially opened by Kerri Ainsworth, founder of Art Travel Adventures, on Saturday 8 December from 4-6pm. This will be Jan’s third major exhibition at the Incinerator.
Throughout the year a number of workshops have been held at The ArtShop Mona Vale and the Avalon Community Centre. Additionally, Jan was invited to conduct workshops for the Hornsby Art Society and the Society of Artists, Newcastle. In between there have been a number of “artist’s talks” and demonstrations for various groups throughout the year.
Throughout the year – held a number of facilitated abstract art workshops as well as giving demonstrations and artist’s talks for various art societies.
‘LAND’ Exhibition at the Manly Art Gallery & Museum
3 November – 3 December 2017
10am – 5pm (tue-Sun)
October: Solo Exhibition, Under The Same Moon,
19 October – 6 November. The official opening by Debbie Mackinnon, gallery artist and director of me Artspace, will be on Sat 22 October, 4-6pm,
Review by Rose Niland, Special Features NSW, The Culture Concept Circle, 2016
“The vitality and effervescence of colour in the exhibition, Under the Same Moon an exhibition by Jan Cristaudo at the Incinerator Art Space, Sydney recently was extraordinary. More: http://www.thecultureconcept.com/under-the-same-moon-jan-cristaudo-exhibition-roses-review
Artist Talk – there will be an artist’s talk on Wednesday 26 October at 11:00am, no reservations necessary.
Workshops – there will be 2 x 1 day abstract workshops on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th November 10:30am – 3:00pm
Bookings essential from The Art Shop Mona Vale 9979 6559
View Exhibition Art
October – Artist talk on upcoming exhibition ‘Under the Same Moon’
The Art Shop Mona Vale.
August – Artist talk and Demonstration for Ku-ring-gai Art Society.
April – Artist talk and demonstration at Mosman Art Gallery for Mosman Art Society.
Throughout the year – held a number of facilitated abstract art workshops . Inquiries for future workshops: The Art Shop Mona Vale 9979 6559
- November: Participation in the Keeping Company “Saltwater” exhibition at Manly Art Gallery, 30 Ocrober – 29 November, including being part of the artists’ panel on Sunday 15 November.
- October: The Manly Arts Festival 2015 Jan Cristaudo was “Artist in Residence” at Warringah Mall – where she hosted an artist talk & demonstration
- October: Jan was invited by the The Mosman Art Society to provide a talk and demonstration on abstract art at the Mosman Art Gallery. Some forty Art Society members and friends attended what was a very successful evening.
- March: WATER Exhibition at me artspace and T1 Art Terminal Atchison St, St Leonards Opening 4 March 2015.
- February: Surf and Street Art Exhibition, painters gallery, 44 Market Lane, Manly.
- Art Spot, an exhibition of artists from Sydney’s Northern Beaches held from 3rd until 11th January at the Avalon Recreational Centre. The exhibition was opened by Richard Leplastrier, Internationally awarded Architect.
- Major solo exhibition, “Dunes of Green” 08-26 October at Incinerator Art Space, 2 Small St Willoughby. Click here to view PDF.
- April – Connecting. An exhibition of painting and sculpture, 24 April to 13 May 2014, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. The Willoughby Foyer Exhibition Space. Click here to download the PDF
- December – Opening of the new location for Painters Gallery in Manly, NSW. Jan is one of the features artists at the new gallery.
Painters Gallery, 44 Market Lane Manly NSW 2095. Ph: 02 9977 2416
- November – December 2013
Jan Cristaudo was one of a number of artists selected by the Manly Regional Gallery & Museum to participate in “Keeping Company With The Collection” – an exhibition of new works by artists from Sydney’s Northern Beaches alongside a selection from the Gallery’s permanent collection that inspired them. Jan chose to interpret a beautiful photographic piece by Paola Talbert. The exhibition was opened by Katherine Roberts Senior Curator MAG&M.
- During April Jan conducted a painting workshop at the Mona Vale Art Shop. This was the second such workshop and again, it was oversubscribed. More workshops are planned for the future. Anyone who wishes to express their interest in attending may do so via the contact us page on this website
- Exhibited, Many Layers Group Exhibition – December. At The Foyer Exhibition Space – a cultural facility provided by Willoughby Council.
- Exhibited, Travelling North – August (Jan Cristaudo, Helen McKay, Cecille Weldon) Fountain Court Exhibition Space, Parliament House, Sydney.
- Exhibited in the Warringah Art Prize
- Exhibited, “Colour & Earth” exhibition at Painters Gallery March 2012 opened by artist Peter Griffen
- Exhibited, The Salon Show, Painters Gallery, 06/12/2011 – 22/01/2012
- Exhibited, Studio Generator, Chatswood (December)
- Conducted workshops at Peninsular Art Supplies, Mona Vale
- Moved to the Painter’s Gallery, Mona Vale
- Exhibited, in the North Sydney Art Prize
- Exhibited, in the Warringah Art Prize
- Invited Artist to “Art on the Boardwalk” North Sydney Council
- Exhibited, “1010 Exhibition” Newport Artworks Gallery (opened by Karin Adcock, Managing Director PANDORA Jewellery)
- Exhibited, “Sicily and Stone” with Sam Re (sculptor), Newport Artworks Gallery
- Entrant, in the Wynne and Sulman exhibitions
- Exhibited, in the Warringah Art prize
- Exhibited, Newport Artworks Main Gallery
- Exhibited, Stockroom Newport Artwork Gallery
- Exhibition, “The Quiet Way” Soda Gallery, Opened by Thomas Keneally
- Exhibition “Various” Stockroom, Newport Artwork Gallery
- Exhibition “Unseen Images” Lake Russell Gallery Coffs Harbour, Opened by Terri Butterworth
- Exhibited, “Living Colour” Kelman Vineyards Gallery
Hunter Valley (opened by Iain Finlay)